Sunday, October 18, 2009

Holiday work

During the holidays I admit painting was not my apart of my priorities. I was busy enjoying the free time with my own drawings and getting re-acquainted with my good friend the graphics tablet.
After 1 week of enjoying my holidays I spent a second week sick where I watched episodes of Bones and watched sleepy hollows 5 times. 2 of those times was in one day...How sad. And after that sad little chapter I decided to paint. I tried my hand at painting where I proceeded to (instead of doing the pencils and writing like I should have) paint out the pencil and restart on the shape, repaint some of the floor and background and make a great big mess by not being able to get the colours the same again. BRAVO.
Eventually I got the colours right and I ruined the shape of the bottle a little. Fixed it then tried painting the patterns of the bottle. I didnt like those so I painted over them. After 2 hours I realised my painted looked exactly the same except there was no pencils on it. I gave up that day.
The following day I got the following done.

The neck of the bottle is a little thicker to combat the fact it was leaning to one side. I have painted the lines for the patterns but their all thick and un even. Later I painted over them a little (show in next post) to make them thinner. I attempted to do the 8balls 8. It didnt turn out right so I painted over it and I am waiting for it to dry so I can redo it.

I decided not to painted over the pencils completely. Only the bits I needed to fix the most. I will paint over the pencils soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment