Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ARRGGHHH PAINT

Heres some information on art forms I did. I did one of them a while ago and I couldn't remember what for so I posted it with more information about the art movements that were going on roughly around the time of Chardin in france so I can perhaps make my own painting style relate to his. His is more realistic than I will be able to achieve so I might go with more modern approaches.

Realism

Realism, which began roughly in the 1850’s is an art form of art that deals with the depiction of any given subject that appear in everyday life and situations. Realisms aim was to create works of art that were objective realistic. Realism is an art form that offers no opening to exaggeration and forms of interpretation focusing on truth and accuracy. Realist painters tended to discard dramatic or classical forms of art and favored commonplace themes. Realist painters rejected the artificiality of romanticism and classiscim in art.
Paintings were done meticulously in great detail and effort to produce a realistic, almost photographic image.


Naturalism

Naturalism is an art for that refers to the depicition of objects in a realistic manner situated in a natural setting. It supported the stylized and idealised depictions of subjects in romanticism. It was an important artistic movement in the 19th century and originated as far back as the Reanasisaance.
Naturalism art is an art form that pays conscious attention to accurate and precise details. Painting is done so meticulously and in great detail.


Impressionism

Impressionism was an art movement that originated in 19th century France. Impressionist paintings can be characterised by the visible brush strokes, open composition, exphasis on lighting and its changing qualities, ordinary subject matter, inclusions of an element of human perception and the use of unsual and unique visual angles.


Post impressionism


Post impressionism was a term that was devised by British artist Roger fry in 1910. It is used to describe the development of French art since Manet. Manet referring to Edourd Manet who was a French artist who was crucial to the development and success of the transition from realism to impressionism.
The characteristics of impressionism include visible brush stroking, open composition, emphasis on light, ordinary subject matter, the inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience, and unusual visual angles.
Post-Impressionism is an extension of this art movement although there was a continuation of the use of vivid colours, thick application of paint, distinctive brushstrokes and real life subject matter.
A key difference in impressionism and post impressionism is the emphasis of geomatric forms, the distortion of forms to create effect and use of unnatural or arbitrary colours. Colours became more simplified, forms became more definative and the art had the tendency to appear abstract.
Post impressionism was campaigned by a multitude of well known, famous artists such as Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Georges Seurat and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
Artists like Van Gogh adopted impressionist techniques to broaden emotion in his art through use of bold colouring and short brush strokes that contrasted with strong colours and exagerated lines.
Paul Guaguin was influenced by impressionist movement as he seeked to transcend his art from that of the complexity of the paris art world. He began painting rural life in pure flat colours.
George Seurat used techniques that dealt with optical illusion. Painting images uses dots or strokes spaced closely together. He believed that a viewers eye compensated for the difference between two pure adjacent colours by mixing the primaries.


And....


I'm really disapointed that I havent blogged for a couple of days. And I'm blogging this as I wait for my...parents to pick me up at school. However AGAIN they forgot so I'm last here AGAIN. Anyway after my irrelevant rant I should go on to mention that today in class i got an ample amount of painting done. OH! I started painting. That should've been blogged...hmm... anyway. It's my opinion that my painting is horrid so far. And well I'm not too enthusiastic about finishing/fixing it since i really hate painting. The lin seed oil is making me feel sick... also I just really hate the way its going so far. Whether I am enthusiastic about it or not is actually not important anyway since either way I've got to fix it and make it up to scratch. Otherwise i could'nt live with myself. Tournament of the Minds and my assesment tasks are killing me aswell as 3 upcoming tests.
Anyway. I have recorded myself working on a part of my painting but I couldn't upload it so thats pretty sad. I dont know why, my computer just doesnt work right. I suppose it was just to show my technique anyway. But i doubt thats shown well considering that I'm just painting... Well actually I initially wanted to paint softly like Chardin but I realise, with modern times comes more modern painting techniques. So I disregarded that idea and just decided to paint with obvious strokes.
I'll be taking a picture of my painting progress tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment