Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weekend work

Okay from last weekend I got some work done. It was ALOT of painting.
It's different to the direction I first took. Initially I did consistant strokes in one direction. However I moved on to more wild brush strokes. That were more visible however aided in blending of colours. Oh yes. I explored more into the movement from light to dark tone. I hate painting. That took me a while. I tried making things look more 3d. Like fixing lighting and what not. FAILED.
Okay I took many pictures. I like the more wild strokes. Which is sort of not relating to my artist since I believe Chardin was more accustomed to delicate brush strokes. Anyway. Umm I also feel kind of bad for using paint I bought myself. Since it gives me an advantage in painting D: But I need those paints for my other paintings *sob* Waste not. Want not. Wait...does that apply... Anyway. Here are the photos I took as I went along with the painting.
Okay lets begin



Heres just a picture of the stuff I was using. Ignore all the paint. I didnt actually use that much of it haha. Haha Ipod.



The essential Paint brushes!



The ever important Ipod =D!

Lol now to really start!

I forgot to take a nice picture of the painting before I started...but oh well. So heres a pic of it after I started on the grey bottom bit.



And the following is a close up. Yet to be done is bottle label, bottle shape, background (green) eight ball...



And the following is where i painted white over some of the pencils because I was changing the shape and so i could paint the grey around the white.



Okay this next picture is when I started fixing up the eight ball. I fixed the white bit, painting the different tones and painted the black aswell and fixed its basic shape.



This next picture is of the rubbers which I didnt actually do that day.



This next picture is of the label being painted. Fixed up a bit =]



And this next one is of the pencils where I wrote 'fix me' on them because I didn't have time to fix its shape.



Heres the product of the weekend. As you can see the backgrounds been done also.



Alright I feel a little bit better about my painting. I like the variation in colour more...I still need to paint the rubber, pencil and detail on the label and eight ball.
The shape of the bottle in wrong. Which makes me really upset...And the labels are too high... The pencils are wrong aswell...Placed wrong aswell as the neck of the bottle should be a little thicker..I think O.o...Or maybe longer.My painting skills are bad. It doesnt look very 3d and lighting is bad...
I'll be taking the painting home for the weekend. More pictures will be posted with next post. Also research on some painters will be posted this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment